Peace and blessings to you in the new year!
My next homily – for the Second Sunday of Ordinary Time – will be posted on January 16, 2011.
In the meantime, I ask a favor of those of you who are members of or regular visitors to St. Vincent de Paul parish in Albany, NY.
You have read about the forthcoming revisions in the language we used at Liturgy. The new translation will be used for the first time on the First Sunday of Advent this year. The staff at St. Vincent’s wants to take this time for renewing our understanding of and celebration of the Liturgy.
As a first step we invite you to answer the following questions by January 16th. The questions are also listed on the St. Vincent de Paul website.
1. What happens to you and our community each Sunday at Mass when the scripture is proclaimed and the homily is shared in the Liturgy of the Word?
2. What happens to you and to us, as a community, each week at Mass when we celebrate the Liturgy of the Eucharist?
3. What do you look and hope for in these celebrations?
There are four ways to respond:
– Use this blog to make your comments
– Email your comments directly to Parish Life Director, Betsy Rowe-Manning, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Print out your comments and place them in the collection basket.
– “Share” this blog with others. See below.